Pages

Monday, November 30, 2015

Happy Monday Everyone!! I hope your Thanksgiving holiday went well. I filled my belly with turkey and avoided being punched in the face during Black Friday. I made it out with a tv that was desperately needed and sore feet that I could have lived without. But that is not what this post is about! This post is about a very delicious delectable called SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE!! 

This was my first time making the dish, and it actually came out pretty good. I made a mistake that ended up making the casserole better, and I successfully tweaked a recipe. I found the recipe on the back on the can that I bought the sweet potatoes in, but, after my adjustments, it became my own little dessert.

Here is the ingredient list:
  • 1 can of Sweet Potatoes
  • 2/3 cup of juice from can
  • 2/3 cup of light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup of butter
  • 1 bag of marshmallows 



The sweet potato casserole came out sweet enough to be a dessert but not too sweet, so it could still be a side. The original recipe called for the oven to be at 350 degrees and no marshmallows, but it came out really delicious the way I did it. 

Thanksgiving was really good this year, just like this casserole. Let me know if you give it a try, and if you do some recipe tweaking of your own. Let me know. What was the best part of your Thanksgiving, or what are you thankful for?

See ya in the next post,
Sylvia