Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2015




Can I start this off first by saying Thank God for Lizzy from Your Cup of Cake, and that I hope she finds her way to this post. She made my day when I found her post about these deliciously adorable cupcakes. And, if you know me, you know that I drool over anything cute or anything edible. Soooo, when I found something cute and edible...honey...honey...honey...yes! I was wayyy too ready to make this dessert when I first saw it, and thankfully my new job allows for such occasions as for me to express my need for cuteness through food. So now that my little rant is out of the way, let me walk you through this beautiful creation.



You see that turkey there. Yep. I made that. And it's pretty cute if I do say so myself. It took me a while to decorate these suckers, but that is probably because of my impromptu photoshoot after every step and every time I got excited about how good these would look.


So I did a little mixin' and pourin'



And bakin'


And Some D E C O R A T I N G !!!


What I did a little differently:

Now, I did not make these little gobblers from scratch but the box mix and frosting made wonderful cupcakes. Your Cup of Cake's recipe called for one bag of Reese's Pieces, but I needed two since my bags were filled with mostly orange pieces. Also, instead of white chocolate melts I used orange chocolate melts, I bought pre-made eyes, and my turkeys have no gobbles.



I honestly enjoyed making these cupcakes, and they definitely made heads turn at the office. Everyone thought I had store bought cupcakes, but I was delighted to let them know that I am a walking bakery. As always, I will include the link to Lizzy's blog. Check it out. There are some awesome ideas and recipes on her site.  Click my turkey to see Lizzy's turkeys.